Saturday, April 19, 2008

Elle's New Bedroom!!




Welcome to my latest (and greatest) project!! Orignally, Elle's room was a horrible, dirty, worn cotton candy pink. Now it is transformed into a retro-stripe- fun-girly room. And I did it all by myself!!

Some people don't do windows. I don't do math. So to tell you that I measured, and re-measured, and taped, and leveled, and re-measured these walls without Dean's help, is a complete accomplishment for me.
Now to say that Dean wasn't involved would be a lie. He did hold the tape for me when I was measuring and taping the lines along the ceiling.

Anyway, it isn't decorated yet, and there is still lots to do, but I just had to show you my stripes. Actually, Elle's stripes. Actually, your stripes too. If you visit me, this is where you'll sleep :o)

7 comments:

Roger Bloemers said...

WOW Very cool room. And I love your photographs.

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

This looks sooooo great - joel was very impressed.

The Williams in Africa said...

I love the stripes, very retro, I think! What do I know? I like her bed and quilt as well!

diane said...

Immediately when I saw the pics (and had not yet read your blog) I thought, "All that math! YUCK! I would've given up!"

But you did it and it looks AMAZING! Seriously Sarah, it's awesome.

Life in the 'Burbs said...

Titi...

You can sew and that's more math than painting a couple stripes!! That's for sure!! Thanks though, I'm glad you like it. You remember how bad it used to be :o)
SN

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Gorgeous room!
And I love your sweet doggy.
I found you through parisienne farmgirl. Love your site--I'll be back!

Carrianne Photography said...

Sarah...I check in on your posts often!! Love the new room!! So I loved reading yours and snooping in on a pice of your life...I thought I'd do my own. Check it out: www.carriannephotography.blogspot.com

enjoy!