Monday, April 7, 2008

Giggle Juice

Most of you know it as "laughing gas". You know, the wonderful vapors that send you to your happy place while you are getting the dreaded dental work done. Well, that was me today. After 3 years in the making, I finally got the dreaded tooth implant. Oral Surgery. Just the sound of it makes you get the heebie-jeebies.

The last time I had the giggle juice, it didn't really affect me very much. So today when I was deeply breathing the laughing gas, I wasn't anticipating what came next.

I thought to myself: Wow, I just really feel like laughing. Really, I'm not sure what is so hysterical, but can I just laugh outloud?? No, Sarah, don't start laughing. They will think you are totally nuts. No one is in here right now, you are laying in this chair with your eyes closed, you can not start laughing. don't laugh don't laugh don't laugh don't laugh...

But I know I layed there with a dumb smile on my face.

Then the doc came in, and did some things to my mouth, not sure what. I continued to lay there with my eyes closed...the bed slightly spinning.

Doc: You can close now.
me thinking: My eyes are closed.
Doc: You can close.
me thinking: are my eyes open?? no, they are closed. why do they keep asking me to close my eyes??
Doc: Sarah, you can close!
me thinking: Ok, am i that out of it that I think my eyes are closed and they are really open???? i'm so confused...
Sarah: My eyes ARE closed!!
Doc: No, your MOUTH.

They don't call it laughing gas for nothin'.

2 comments:

diane said...

this made me GIGGLE OUT LOUD in my office. oh yes. that's some good stuff...you should've taken some home for later....

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

lovely family photo below! And what a funny story. When i had my wisdom teeth out I cam too and was pulling and pulling on something, i could not understand what it was (I was still numb) I kept saying, "What IS THIS?"

It was my bottom lip. Moron.