Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dean! (and me too!)







On April 3, Dean turned 37! We celebrated as a family at a very nice restaurant, called the "Back When Cafe". This quaint restaurant takes you back in time as you dine on (pricey) delicious gourmet food. Our children do extremely well in restaurants, and like to try the different foods they prepare, so we had no problem letting them join in on our birthday party. I say "our" party because, as you may remember, I missed my birthday completely,and so this was my party too :o) I turmed 29.


Poor Elle.
She was soo tired that evening. We had a later reservation, and in nice places, it takes longer to get one's food. She could hardly keep her eyes open. But instead of whining and "losing it", as some children may have, she made fun of herself. You'll notice in the last pic...she's trying to keep her eyes open!

Dean ordered Ahi Tuna (served raw!), I had a small beef tenderloin with 2 jumbo shrimp, and Sam also ordered shrimp off of the main menu! At home, we savored the final pieces of Dean's favorite sweet dish, Butterfinger Dessert. The whole evening was just peachy!

No comments: