Sunday, November 4, 2007

Friends





Without a doubt, the most difficult thing about moving is not leaving the beloved town or house, but leaving dear friends. To my friends reading this blog, know that you are missed and thought of daily. Poor Dean, my social husband, keeps wanting to invite people over to hang out and we have but a few people to call on. I wish I could have taken all of you with me to live here with us. The lot next to us is for sale :o)

With all that being said, I'd like to introduce you to someone who I have met in the last 3 months and I would consider my first real friend in Wausau. She's the best. Sometimes I joke with her that we live the same life. Seriously. Beth, and her engineer husband who loves excel spread sheets as much as Dean...Nate, have also just moved to Wausau. They beat us here by about 6 months, and in their move, they also suffered through apartment living. Beth was a teacher until she had her children, then stayed home to be with them. Her children consist of a 2nd grade daugher, kindergarten daughter, and 3 1/2 yr. old son! Elle and her daughter are in the same class at school! The list goes on and on how similar we are, but the most important thing is that she is a genuine, real, easy going, fun-loving person who I can see going through life with for a long time. Beth and Nate have definately helped ease the pain of leaving our friends behind while creating our new life here in WI.

So...the children you see in the above pictures are her children with mine on Halloween. We trick-or-treated together and had so much fun. Both of our families bought down-hill ski passes and skis for all the kids, so we plan on doing lots of "skiing" this winter...i.e. time on the bunny hill teaching them to ski :o)

Enjoy the pics, and stay tuned for more "before and after" pics of the house!!

No comments: