Thursday, November 8, 2007

Budding Musicians



Sam and Elle have started piano lessons this year. To say they are excited about it, is an understatement. I literally can't keep them off the piano! I often hear, "Mommy, can we play just one song??" They are already playing duets together, and duets with me! Sam is slightly ahead of Elle, but not by much. I'm very proud of their accomplishments in the 3 short months they have been taking lessons. Sometimes I see so much of myself in them, it makes me anxious to see where God will take their musical abilities.

Then...there is Jack. Many times I hear the piano playing and I think it is Sam or Elle, only to find out it was Jack! His musical ears are hearing what they play and he figures it out and plays it too! It freaks me out a little. Like..what do I do with this? He's only 3! Time will tell.

The picture you see above is the picture I was telling you that is going over my piano in the new red room (see previous blogs). It is enlarged to a 20 X 30 poster and framed. You can't find that picture at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Those are my 6 sweet little hands playing over the keys of our very own piano. This picture makes me smile every time I see it. If I am ever a music teacher again, I'm getting another copy to go up in my classroom!

(photography by Gramps B)

2 comments:

The Williams in Africa said...

I totally looked at the piano pic several times, trying to figure out if it was your kids. Amazing. I want to hear a concert from Jack when we get back!

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Love the photo! Nice idea :)
Sorry its been so long since I commented! Is everyone (jack) feeling well now? SO COOL they are all playing! Jacks ability sounds very interesting!!!