Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A New Post!! Can you believe it!?

Yes, I am still here. For some reason, I have it in my head that I can't blog unless I have a picture to go with it. Well, with the death of our computer, and the resurrection of an old (and very slow) computer, I am at Dean's mercy to get me the pics, which, on a nightly basis, I forget to bug him about. All that being said, I'm blogging without a picture.

So, where have I been? What have we been doing? It's been almost 2 months for pete's sake.
1) Well, I have a new addiction. FACEBOOK. I really believe that facebook has taken away from my blog. It's too fun and too easy. And if you aren't on facebook, you need to get on it soon! I love posting updates there and reading everyone else's updates too.

2) Skiing. Yes, we are still skiing, and loving it. Jack has been upgraded to poles, and he skiis so well it freaks me out. Skiing keeps the winter here fun and helps me look forward to more snowfalls instead of dreading them. Sam has been racing and he's placed everytime he raced!

3)My baby turned 5! Where does time go? I know that's so cliche, but it's so true. Who ever said my baby had to grow up? At least he's still in size 4T clothes and he still isn't dry at night :o) (wait, you mean that's not a good thing????)

4)Lots of Subbing. I have been working 2-3 days a week this month and last. Seriously, I really like it! I love being with the students and leaving them at the end of the day...kind of like being a grandparent...I get to enjoy them and then give them back :o) Oh sure, I have stories, but more of them are good than bad. And I can handle anything for a day...right?

4) We just got back from a trip to MI for baby Greta's baptism. She's beautiful and itty bitty. It was so fun to hold and cuddle a baby again...and it was fun to give her back when she got fussy :o) We left MI with Sam barfing in the car. That was fun. NOT.

5) Looking ahead, the ski season has only a month left, and I have 3 classes left to take for my WI certification. I am dreading the slow and cold spring. I want to paint my mudroom. I don't want to paint my mudroom. Exciting things are happening at church. And that's about all for now....

Maybe someday I'll get my act together and have Dean give me some pics to post...

5 comments:

Roger Bloemers said...

Finally - good to hear from you again...Mom

Roger Bloemers said...

Finally - good to hear from you again...Mom

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Sounds good - thought you were dead.

Anonymous said...

Here I am...stalking you again. :) It was great to see you guys in MI. Say hi to the fam for me....especially that charmer, Jack. :)

Life in the 'Burbs said...

Laura...We loved seeing you guys too! Amelia is soo cute :o)