Saturday, November 29, 2008

Season Opener



It's that time of year again! And I don't mean the Christmas season, although it is that time of year again too...but rather, It's Ski Season! Not to mention, there is NO SNOW right now :o) I love that about skiing...you don't need snow cuz they make it for you! Notice in the picture the white snowy ski hill with the background being all brown and autumn-like. It's really quite comical.

So how did it go, our first time on the runs since last March?? It's like we never stopped skiing! Sam and Elle are considerably faster already (my nieces will appreciate that!) and Jack is just incredible. This child never ceases to amaze me with his athleticism. He is a mere 4 1/2, and his first time skiing since last season he learns how to go down from the top of the Granite Peak ALL.BY.HIMSELF. Last year, he could go from the top, but he was hooked up to a harness (fondly known as the "leash") and Dean held the reigns as he bombed his way down the hill. By the end of our ski time today, he was turning, stopping, and avoiding other skiers with complete control as he made his way down from the top of the hill, all by himself. I had a lump in my throat as I watched my baby ski like such a big boy. He is still my baby, after all.

Needless to say, we had a blast, and we are looking forward to enjoying another ski season here in the northwoods!

3 comments:

Dwayne Nienhuis said...

Fabulous Family:

It's after church Sunday morning. I just had a hunch you would have posted a blog after skiing yesterday.

Great picture but it runs in the family; both the ability to take great pictures and to be the great material of which the picture is taken.

I'm glad to hear that the children picked up right where they left off last year. So Jack skiis solo this year. I won't be able to keep up with him without risking broken limbs - which I'll gladly risk when it comes to racing Jack.

Thanx for posting the blog so fast.

Babu

The Williams in Africa said...

Love it that you ski together! And have so much fun!

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Oh that looks like so much fun and brings back memories of a Michigan childhood!
Miss you guys so much.
Jack reminds me of my brother at that age - a maniac!