Thursday, October 16, 2008

So.

It's been a while. I have pics to show, but they are all on Dean's computer, and Dean is out of town for business, so I guess you will just have to wait to see the pics of Dean with a goatee :o)

I've been subbing a bit. I was the high school art teacher for 3 days in a row. Let me tell ya....B-O-R-I-N-G. I took the job cuz I thought it'd be easy. Well, it was. Too easy. Kids come in, I take attendance, kids work on their art, do homework, try to sneak food, try to sneak a text, I stop them, watch the clock slowly tick by and then they leave....only to have another group come in and it's more of the same. It made me appreciate the excitement and non-stop of grade school kids. The day certainly goes faster in an elementary school. Next week I'll be a fifth grade teacher and a third grade teacher. I really do love subbing. I can pick my days and the jobs. And none of it comes home with me at night!

I have to take a class this weekend, the first of 5 classes this year. It's out of town, and I'm going by myself. I'm not scared to travel and stay alone, but it's just not they way I want to spend my weekend. Oh well, I'm an adult now. I have to realize that in the real world, we can't always do just what we want to do. whine whine whine whine whine

Well, until I get the pics off Dean's computer....I'll be seeing ya.

1 comment:

diane said...

Teaching High School is only boring for the SUB! Teachers never actually leave lesson plans for the sub to implement. Usually they give the kids projects or throw in a movie, which makes YOUR day very boring indeed!

I was out Monday and Tuesday and got a snotty note from my sub! AND HE DIDN'T EVEN FOLLOW MY LESSON PLANS! I was fit to be tied. You should sub for me. Okay?