Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Beginnings



It's been a big week for us. For starters, the kids began their new school year. I absolutely cannot believe that I have a THIRD GRADER in the house!!! When I taught at Lincoln, 3rd graders were at the top of the food chain and I was only pregnant with Sam back then. It baffles me to think he is that old. And Elle is in first grade, but thinks she's in high school. Every day she wants to look "fashionable". Don't ask. And Jack....he's in pre-kindergarten, everyday all morning long. He loves being at the same school as his older sibs, and I love him there too :o)

In other news this week, I had an interview to begin my substitute teaching, and was accepted. I could start as early as next week. Yikes!! How to be a teacher and a mom is yet to be determined, but I have good feelings about it. I am ready to be in front of the troops again, and after going through all my old teacher stuff, I even feel excited. Who knew???

And last, but definately NOT least...Dean has his last drill this weekend. Ever. He has served 20 faithful years to his country in the Army National Guard and now his time to retire has come. When he leaves Fort McCoy on Sunday, he will not return. God has been so good to us. His entire battalion deploys to Iraq in March, and Dean would be one of them had his retirement not come perfectly this September. Thank you, Dean, for serving your country in ways the rest of us just take for granted. Thank you, God, for letting Dean serve his country here on U.S. soil.

As for our new beginnings...onward we move.

1 comment:

rachel hicks hunt said...

Oh MY! Look at how GORGEOUS your kiddos are!!! Wow!

Sarah, I'm so amazed at how you don't look a day older than you did fourteen years ago. I'm jealous!